Monday, February 15, 2010

SnOw DaYs

Here in ALABAMA, we get out of school for snow flurries. We title our get of school day "Inclement WEATHER day". So, after a rush of Valentine's Parties in each classroom, all of our kiddo's got out of school at 11:30.  Basically, all kids are thrilled and all Mommas are not so thrilled. Don't get me wrong, its not that I don't like my children being home (sometimes :) ), however, the kids are so excited about the snow that we will literally have 6 or 7 children in and out at all times. With this constant activity comes, dead grass and leaves that are wet because of the snow being dragged across the floor mixed with wet clothes laying all over the place. Then there is the mud, in ALABAMA, when we get 2-3 inches that sticks to the ground it is just enough to have fun in but it also is mixed with a lot of mud. So that comes in with the children. More work for MOM. Also, in our eyes we are in the middle of a blizzard so we MUST have HOT CHOCOLATE. So, I will have 6-10 children wanting warm, creamy, hot chocolate- which is great- it's the mess afterwards that is not so great! BUT, with all of that said- I would not have it any other way. I truely feel all of these whiney things but I LOVE the excitement of the snow as much as my kids do....
I just wish we could plan this for the weekend when Kristian is home to help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment