Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Date Night with the most Charming 7 year old in the world

Everyone in the world needs to have a DATE with their children, one on one, every once in awhile. On Saturday, Kristian took Reese (by herself) to a DADDY/DAUGHTER dance with her Girlscouts and dinner beforehand. Quaid was at a Birthday Sleep Over. So, that left Clayton and Me home all alone. WE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF THAT. Clayton and I went to a Japanese Habatchi Grill where we dined on Shrimp and Fried Rice. YUMMY!  Then after that, was the BEST part: we drove over to THE MELTING POT where we had Decadent Dessert (and LOTS of it). It was so Delicious.
The best part of the whole evening is that I got to be by myself with just Clayton. Clayton is my middle child who is probably my hardest to be a MOM to. He is usually in his own little world which gets him into trouble a WHOLE lot. He is also my most LOVING. The entire night, he held the door open for me. He lavished me with Kisses and Hugs. He opened my car door even in the 33 degree weather. He held my hand everywhere we walked. It was SERIOUSLY A DATE. He was so charming and sensitive. He melted my heart. It was such a great evening and I had him ALL TO MYSELF. What a rareity.
I don't get this time very often but when I do, I hope those times are as GREAT as this one was tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment