Monday, April 12, 2010

School Plays and the Book Fair

Last week, Clayton was in a play at their school. The entire Second grade put on a play for the entire school. It was a MOTHER GOOSE play. So, every character Mother Goose ever wrote about was in the play.  It was Super cute. Clayton played the part of LITTLE BOY BLUE! He did a great job and we were so proud of him. He was pretty proud of himself as well.


On that same night, Liberty Park Elem. had their opening of the BOOK FAIR WEEK. This year, Barnes and Nobles came to the school to host this event for us. BARNES AND NOBLES!!! What kind of neighborhood do I live in??? Anyway, I walk into the library, having already told my children that they would get $20 each to spend on books and that was IT!!! TWENTY BUCKS- that is a ton already, right??!!! I gotta tell ya...I am a SUCKER. They sure know how to get ya don't they. I walked out of there spending $105 ON BOOKS!!! I am pretty aggravated with myself knowing I could have bought ALL of these books on half.com or AMAZON for HALF of what I paid BAM. It really does make me sick to my stomach. My children OH SO LOVE books...all 3 of them...any type! They read constantly. BUT, that is a lot of $ on books. Not sure how much of that money actually goes back to our school but it BETTER be a lot...at least I am going to tell myself that!

No comments:

Post a Comment