Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Field Trip to the AMERICAN VILLAGE!



I had the special opportunity of chaperoning Clayton on his field trip to the AMERICAN VILLAGE. This is the NEATEST place. It is an ENTIRE  village created to look just like the Colonial Times. It was AMAZING- I am still wondering who funds this operation.When we drove up to the Village, I felt as if I were really entering into a different period of time. There were colonial houses, a colonial church and court house, and a colonial school building. All of the people who worked there were dressed up in colonial costumes and were in character the ENTIRE time we were there. They even spoke with ENGLISH accents. It was truly amazing and a great way to make history come ALIVE for these 2nd graders. The best part of my day was riding the bus with Clayton.
 I LOVE hanging out with that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment